MontyPyBot aims to be a Python chat bot. Currently Monty is close to death, in fact suffered from bit-rot for nearly 6 years. In the Spring of 2006, ve became again of mild interest to vir maintainer.
- Montypybot-announce - Low traffic list for MontyPyBot maintainer announcements
- Montypybot-users - General discussion list for MontyPyBot users, developer(s) and maintainer(s).
- Charles Stevenson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
"I have given thought to migrating Monty to the SILC protocol. The old code was not worth porting so I started all over from scratch. Please take a look at the resources below for a more mature and functional Python IRC implementation," says current MontyPyBot maintainer Charles Stevenson.
Other cool Python IRC resources:
- Benzo - benzo is a pseudo-ai bot that uses a Markov chain to generate funny text. benzo is written in python. [no longer maintained]
NOTE: benzo is not functional. I've sucessfully implemented madbot (python-irclib + madlib) which does what benzo's author intended.
- Pybot - pybot is a full featured IRC bot written in Python. It was originally developed to integrate many sources of information into IRC channels inside Conectiva, and has evolved into a full featured bot.
- Python IRC client library - This library (also known as python-irclib) is intended to encapsulate the IRC protocol at a quite low level. It provides an event-driven IRC client framework. It has a fairly thorough support for the basic IRC protocol, CTCP and DCC connections. [This is a fine library for all Python IRC bot uses.]
- Supybot - Supybot is a cross-platform IRC bot written in Python, known to run anywhere Python runs, which includes all *nices, and Windows.
- RFC 1459 - Internet Relay Chat Protocol
- RFC 2810 - Internet Relay Chat: Architecture
- RFC 2811 - Internet Relay Chat: Channel Management
- RFC 2812 - Internet Relay Chat: Client Protocol
- RFC 2813 - Internet Relay Chat: Server Protocol
- RFC 2234 - Augmented BNF for Syntax Specifications: ABNF
Other cool Python bot resources:
- Jabbot - jabbot is a jabber bot written in python with a custom jabber library. [no longer maintained]
- Madlib - a toy to analyze and generate text using Markov chains
Original MontyPyBot Team:
- Charles Stevenson (core) <core from bokeoa.com>
- Sertrem <david.moreno from iname.com>
- Iridium <jw from sig11.org>
- kramppa <granbo from tonnikala.net>
Last Modified: Tuesday, 28-Feb-2006 10:15:15 UTC